|“||God, I hate when that happens. It's hard out there for a pimp.||”|
— Rico in Grief Is A Five Letter Word
|Occupation:||Green Grove High School|
|Portrayed by:||Ashton Moio|
He is Jo's best friend, but he also has very strong feelings for her which she is oblivious to. He has claimed to love murder-mysteries. He is very unpopular at school due to his intelligence and social awkwardness around anyone besides Jo. He also believes Danny to be innocent, but is starting to question whether that is the right decision.
Medium height, short brown hair. He wears a lot of plaid, hoodies, and jeans with converse.
- The Fest And The Furious
- Three For The Road
- We Need To Talk About Danny
- The Truth Will Out
- Poison of Interest
- Out With The In-Crowd
- Dead Men Tell Big Tales
- Sins of the Father
- Home Is Where the Hurt Is
- Danny Indemnity
- Main article: Jo and Rico
Rico and Danny get along, but he seems to be jealous of Jo's friendship with Danny.
He and Lacey officially met at Green Grove High School when she went up to him and Jo. He let Lacey know about the tape concerning her & Danny, and in addition told her that Jo thought she was in love with Danny. He defended Lacey to Jo, telling her that Lacey was not having a good day at school when he went to Jo's home to give her that day's homework.
Andie is Rico's girlfriend.
- He sides with Jo and decides to help in proving that Danny is innocent.
- He and Jo get really good grades in school.
- He is revealed to have a crush on Jo.
- He seems to be sometimes nervous around Danny alone.
- He kisses Jo in the mid-season finale Out With The In-Crowd.